In an effort to recognize the leadership and dedication of FIRST’s most outstanding FIRST Tech Challenge students, the Kamen family sponsors an Award for selected top students known as the FIRST Dean’s List. Since its introduction in 2010, the FIRST Dean’s List Award has attracted the attention of prestigious colleges and universities who desire to recruit FIRST Dean’s List students.
British Columbia sent two Dean’s List Finalists to the FIRST Championship in Houston: Clare Feddema and Aila Simpson.
Criteria for selection of the FIRST Dean’s List shall include, but not be limited to a student’s:
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to the ideals of FIRST;
- Interest in and passion for a long term commitment to FIRST and its ideals;
- Overall individual contribution to their Team;
- Technical expertise and passion;
- Entrepreneurship and creativity;
- Ability to motivate and lead fellow Team members; and
- Ability to effectively increase awareness of FIRST in their school and community.
Aila Simpson was one of four FTC students selected for the Dean’s List Award at the Houston Championship. Congratulations to Aila, the first FTC student from Canada for Dean’s List!