How to Register as an Event Volunteer
So you’ve decided to register as an event volunteer. The event registration process can be a little intimidating. FIRST requires consent and release forms as well as a background check (youth protection screening).
The FIRST Inspires web site has an Event Volunteers page that has links to the volunteer roles for each of the FIRST programs. There are various event volunteer roles ranging from fun squads and safety glass monitoring, to judging, emcees and referees.
To register for an event:
- Go to the FIRST Inspires website (firstinspires.org) and log into your volunteer account. The LOG IN link should be in the upper right corner of that page.
- If you are a new volunteer, click REGISTER instead and create an account!
- Once you’ve logged into your account, click the Volunteer Registration tab on your Dashboard. Then click Event Volunteering.
- On Event Filters, pick the program you wish to volunteer with (FLL, FTC, FRC).
- Make sure you have cleared the date range filter, then click Apply Filters.
- Click on the event you wish to volunteer at.
- Under Volunteer Roles, pick the role you wish to fill, then follow the prompts through the end!
- Repeat this process for each event you wish to volunteer for.
- Complete the free youth protection screening (good for 3-4 years).
- Complete the consent and release forms.
If your role requires training, you will receive that training either before or on the morning of the event. Key volunteer roles require additional commitment, experience, training/certification, and may have an additional age requirement.
For the In-depth Instructions on registration, check out the FIRST Volunteer Registration User Guide.